When You Lose a Loved One

When are probate court orders needed?

Important things to know about vehicle transactions when you lose a loved one...

  • When the deceased is the sole owner of the vehicle

  • Vehicle titles with two nameses and both are deceased

When is a death certificate needed?

  • When a vehicle title has two owners and one is still living, a Death Certificate must be provided to transfer. All vehicle titles in a trust will need a death certificate and trust paperwork to transfer.

  • Death Certificate applications can be picked up at the Clerk's Office or through the Funeral Home Director.